Sunday, May 24, 2009

Jazz Standard of the Week

Miles Davis - "Someday My Prince Will Come"

Miles Davis performing live at Birdland, New York (1958)
Photo taken by Dennis Stock


Miles Davis - "Someday My Prince Will Come"

This is one of my favorite jazz standards of all time; Miles Davis playing the lovely ballad "Someday My Prince Will Come" - originally from Disney's Snow White but adapted to his Love Songs Vol. 1 album. Love Songs Vol. 1 also features the standards "My Funny Valentine", "Stella By Starlight" and "I Fall In Love Too Easily". It's one of Miles' best collections and should be copped immediately.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

  1. This photo "tells" such a detailed story. I could look at it over and over again. Stock indeed had a great eye and creative vibe.

    ReplyDelete