Sunday, May 24, 2009

Nike - "MVPuppets" ad campaign

Below are "Unstoppable" and "Mrs. Lewis" - part 3 and 4, respectively - of Nike's "MVPuppets" ad campaign. Again, gotta applaud Nike for a creative, funny and smart series of advertisements featuring Kobe Bryant and LeBron James rendered in puppet form. Just as a little background in case you haven't seen parts 1 and 2, each ad features KB and LJ exchanging boasts and trash talking each other about who is the better player.

As I am writing this post I discovered that the voices for LeBron and Kobe are non other than comedians Kenan Thompson (formerly on Nickelodeon and now SNL) and the legendyary David Allen Grier (from In Living Color), respectively. I thought they sounded familiar! Even though the voices don't sound anything like LeBron or Kobe, I think they're good choices. Enjoy.

  • "Unstoppable": LeBron watches a personal highlight video only to discover an unwelcome surprise from Kobe waiting for him.




  • "Mrs. Lewis": Kobe and LeBron square off in an epic puppet basketball game to prove who is best. It's hilarious. I love all the jawing that is going on between them. It reminds me of playing against (and schooling) my little brother in the backyard as a youngster.



.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment