Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Drake - So Far Gone



The new mixtape from Toronto-native, and former DeGrassi star, Drake dropped last Thursday to soaring expectations from yours truly and the hip-hop community in general. It might be an exaggeration to say that Drake is the Truth/Future of Hip-hop, but he has met every expectation so far and so I'm perfectly content calling him that. As I've repeatedly said, Drake is a monster on the mic. He's got some serious lyricism and swag, and every time he gets on the same track as Wayne, he rises to the occassion - no small feat. If you haven't already, get the new Drizzy (click the link)!! I was gonna do an elaborate review of this album but I'm just too excited to get the word out about it and hit you all with some sample tracks. All I will say is that it's a very solid mixtape, features a variety of different sounds and has some very quality cameos (Wayne, Bun B, Lloyd, Trey Songz, etc.). I also have to give Drake props for not being afraid to sing on a track, and having the vocal skills to back it up. SF I GOT YOU!!!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment